BSAC Official Statement on Ungodly Collaborations, Remixes and Samples
As a network of creative believers, many of us have experience working directly or indirectly with unbelieving artists. Many Christian artists have faced or will face a very real industry temptation: partner with the wicked in the name of “non-religious art” or be relegated to the corners of our various art forms. Partnership with the wicked for the intended “advancement” of the Gospel of Jesus Christ causes many believers to stumble, often in silence. Additionally, collaborating with persons or entities that make war against God is counterproductive and ultimately destructive. To that end, we believe:
- God has given everything pertaining to life and Godliness to the believer (2 Peter 1:3).
- God is the Creator, and the Holy Spirit is a Creative Spirit (Genesis 1).
- The Spirit of Wisdom is the foundation of all technical excellence, because God designed the earth (Exodus 31:3, Isaiah 28:24-29).
- Mixture with the world as in ministry is a form of spiritual adultery, not outreach. (James 4:4)
- Spiritual adultery has dangerous effects on spiritual fruit in the next generation (Revelation 2:18-24).
- Jesus preached repentance and sinners came to him in repentance. Jesus did not look for sinners with whom to collaborate (Luke 19:1-10).
- Biblically sound artists, writers, and creatives have access to God’s Holy Spirit, His immutable Word, each other, and the beauty and science of natural creation for inspiration (Psalms 19, Proverbs 21:17).
- Biblically sound artists, writers, and creatives will be eternally successful when we employ both Jesus Christ and His apostles’ methods for preaching the gospel, evangelism, compassion, service, and deliverance (Matthew & Acts).
- Biblically sound artists, writers, and creatives should seek to drive revenue and support to those who serve God with a pure heart by collaborating, partnering, working with them (Galatians 6:10).
- Biblically sound artists, writers, and creatives should seek to glorify God alone by providing platforms, and generating support for artists who likewise seek to glorify God (1 Corinthians 6:20).
BSAC, the Biblically Sound Artist Coalition is a network of artists, writers, designers, producers, musicians, media personalities, singers, and Pastors who are passionate about the beauty and glory of God, and are concerned and active against the compromise and corruption that has infiltrated the Body of Christ. We use our God-given talents and resources to create and promote God focused music, publishing, and media for the Body of Christ, and for reaching the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.